Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Nice Man


A year or two ago Addison asked me to describe marriage to her.  I explained that as a grown up you might meet someone that you really love and would want to spend all of your time with.  Once you find that special person you can get married and stay together forever.  She thought for a minute then declared that she would marry Cam once they grew up.  I mentioned that you don't usually marry anyone in your family, it will be someone new.  She didn't like the idea - "she'd already found Camden so why would she waste her time looking for anyone else".  So the kids often refer to each other as Addie my wife or Cam my husband.  That is until last week ...

Cam was being particularly irritating to Addison one day and she'd finally had enough.  She looked him square in the eye and said, "Camden I am NOT going to marry you.  I am going to find a man that is actually NICE to me and marry him instead".  I wish I could have captured the emotion and tone in her voice as she said that to him.  Clearly there is a bit of Grandma Bobbie in my little girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment